Bilingual Case Coordinator
Wed, 08/14/2019 - 13:40
The Bilingual Case Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Refugee Resettlement, Division of Children's Services, to provide case coordination services to children. This is a remote position with travel to Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure children are receiving appropriate services and are placed in the least restrictive setting
- ¬†Provide recommendations on family reunification
- Visit sites and interview children
- Assist in the identification of special needs and appropriate placement recommendations
- Provide timely review, assessment, and recommendation of release requests to ensure release of children to a sponsor promptly
- Participate in collaborative meetings with local stakeholders
- Provide regular case reports
- Make recommendations for home study and post- release services for at-risk children, in collaboration with the care provider
- Provide child-welfare based technical assistance
- Collaborate and work on other tasks specific to the case coordinator as per policy and procedures
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs in Social Work or related field or Masters‚Äô in Social Work or a related field
Experience:¬†5 years of child welfare experience (with a Bachelors) or 2 years of child welfare experience (with a Masters).
Language:¬†English and Spanish Fluency (oral and written)
Software Proficiency:¬†Microsoft Office Suite
Location: Candidate may work from home with travel to the Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC area.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience:¬†Working with immigrants, refugees, and underserved populations is preferred.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. If you have technical difficulty, please email¬†email@example.com¬†to¬†let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Client Site